About the Position
We are currently seeking a part-time floor coach to join our team, capable of coaching up to 20 – 30 hours a week, split between mornings and afternoons.
We are seeking an individual who aligns with our mission, core values and training principles and who is willing to help us continue to grow as an organization, as part of our initiative to deliver health and wellness to all parts of the city via collaborations with small to large businesses and non-profit organizations.
R3VIVE Fitness is a functional fitness facility located in Roxbury, MA. We specialize in functional fitness group classes that are inclusive of all fitness levels. Aside from group classes, we provide personal training, personalized programming and nutrition guidance, by experienced and passionate fitness instructors, certified in their respective fields.
We believe that our services and efforts effectively change the lives of many. We carry our mission of inspiring change, by providing a high level of service which begins and ends with our attention to detail; ability to listen, observe and lead; and by carrying ourselves with a constant high level of professionalism.
We are a diverse group of owners, coaches and members who strongly believe in developing and nourishing a strong community revolving around the health and well being of ourselves and others, regardless of social classifications (race, gender, religion or class).
A community that respects, supports and brings out the best in every individual.
In addition to developing good athletes, we want to develop good humans: honest, hardworking and humble people ready to do the right thing whenever life calls on them.
Taking ownership of your health by allowing yourself to continuously learn, enabling long term growth for your healthiest and most fulfilling future.
The part-time coach has the responsibilities of leading members through classes; guiding new members from consultation through their onramp process and beyond.
They will lead and coach group classes by providing workout instruction before and during class, while maintaining the safety of our members, in a professional, organized manner that best reflects the core values of R3VIVE Fitness.
The part-time coach will also be responsible for managing prospects by nurturing and converting leads to members, using sales methods taught through our internal onboarding process.
The part-time coach is also responsible for maintaining the upkeep and appearance of the facility, by assisting with assigned tasks during open gym hours.
We seek a coach who exemplifies leadership through great communication skills; a professional attitude; dedication to constantly learning exercise movements through experimentation; observing and ensuring movement quality of members and clients; and a passion for health and fitness.
- Lead group classes and recruit members for services such as personal training and personalized programming;
- Handle member inquiries and member consultations as needed;
- Help with gym retention strategies (i.e., contacting members regularly);
- Being present for open gym hours to assist with the upkeep and appearance of the facility as well as assigned consultations and / or on-ramp sessions;
- Being available to instruct morning classes – minimum 2x per week;
- Being a team player – humble, welcomes and provides feedback critical towards our internal communication
- Guide members through on-ramp / foundations programs;
- Fulfill all opening and/or closing duties – depending on time scheduled;
- Be on the floor and engaged with members at least 10 minutes before and after every class;
- Be fully prepared for class with a lesson plan prior to the 10 minutes before every class;
- Participates in our marketing efforts, by assisting with social media posts either by:
- Actively sharing our posts through their professional social media accounts;
- Capturing and sharing stories for the gym’s social media account.
- Help stage, clean, and organize the gym before and after all classes;
- Help set up, clean up, and run events, in-house competitions, and parties;
- Handle any additional responsibilities and tasks assigned by the Head Coach and Director of Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or similar preferred, but not required;
- Personal training certifications
- 2+ years experience coaching functional fitness group classes or similar;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Independent and reliable;
- A passion for overall health and wellness
- Salary and Income Potential beginning at $22.00 per hour (with the ability to earn more through recruitment of personal training and personalized program clients);
Working Conditions: This position involves working within a gym environment around gym equipment and may include non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends and / or travel.
Physical Requirements: The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, demonstrate exercise movements. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
We look forward to speaking with you and learning more about you!